This role is accountable for the negotiation and closing of the sales, and ensures successful project execution, following the handover to the execution/ operations team. Role Reports directly to the Head of Sales & Marketing and forms part of the Sales Leadership Team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and foster strong professional relationships at all levels within the client environment
- Developing business opportunities to increase sales in the responsible area
- Preparing and implementing Sales plan to develop sales, profit and gain market share
- Responds to internal sales leads from various sources
- Negotiate and close the deals
- Engage with new client prospects and ensure the company is well represented in engagements such as demo’s and presentations.
- Identify opportunities to improve the clients' efficiencies through the introduction of additional product & service offerings
- Provide accurate forecast of sales revenue/GP
- Facilitate communication between clients, technical teams and 3rd party providers
- Facilitate the coordination & submission of professional tender responses, proposals and quotes
- Contract management and hand-over the project to the Operations Team
- Implement the go to market strategy and collaborate with all internal company stakeholders
- Ensure that Salesforce is update with Client activities
- Assist with escalations from client’s executive/senior/political level to the business in the event of such occurrences.
- Degree/National Diploma in Business/Accounting/ Administration or related field
- Proven strong track record as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
- Ability to influence and build credibility across all levels with collaborative relationships
- Good understanding of the Local Government landscape and the ICT systems
- Strong Contract negotiations and closing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter able to prioritize given responsibilities and problem solving skills
- Strong planning skills with an ability to work under pressure & tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask in non-routine environment
- Strong ICT Solution and business skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Team-oriented, able to communicate efficiently internally to ensure full buy-in
- Ability to travel & have a driver’s licence & reliable transport
To be considered, your application must be able to match the essential criteria.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send a concise CV to [email protected]