COMBATING THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
Over the past weeks, Munsoft has been stepping up its efforts in combatting the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) within the business and areas within its control.
Based on the Presidential address on the 15th of March 2020, our actions over the next three months will be critical, as COVID-19 is now classified as a National Disaster.
We requested all our staff members to inform their manager if they feel/show any symptoms of COVID-19. To date, we have ZERO team members that have tested positive for COVID-19 or exhibited any symptoms. We have extensively communicated both the symptoms and forms of prevention to the entire staff complement, along with our internal response plans. Further, we have backed our prevention efforts with additional hygiene products and a serious request for social distancing.
Steps taken by Munsoft are in line with the desired actions that the President requested.
From 16 March 2020, we expanded our preventative and proactive actions to include the following:
• All Munsoft training is cancelled with immediate effect.
• Only essential local travel will be allowed for Munsoft employees, and only by motor vehicle.
• All large company-related gatherings have been cancelled. These include gatherings at clients, other vendors or various stakeholders
• Access to Munsoft offices for non-Munsoft people are restricted.
• Our internal response plans around the safety of our staff, the capability to continue to conduct our work and most importantly, our ability to continue serving our clients in the best possible ways have been expanded and is continually revised and expanded.
• Munsoft will strive to continue to deliver our services, with a focus on remote delivery of work. We will be using telephonic, conference and video calls
The above measures will remain in place until further notice.
Even during this crisis time, the Munsoft team will continue to strive to make your organisation succeed. Our collective actions are what will decide our fate during this crisis, as we face this crisis as colleagues, municipal partners and a country. We truly believe that the strength of our country and its people will be shown during this time and that we will emerge stronger and more resilient when the situation returns to normal.
The decision to take the measures communicated in this letter was not taken lightly and will be reviewed weekly to ensure that our actions remain on par with what is required during this difficult time. We will communicate any change in our plans/stance to you. We appreciate your understanding and support.
Please refer to reputable sources for more information on COVID-19 and the measures that your municipality can take to combat its spread.
If you have any questions, any urgent requests or any concerns, please contact us via your Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and we will respond as soon as possible.