Munsoft hereby invites you to attend the Workshop in order to assist you with Cashflow and Balance Sheet Budgeting.
Kindly find attached the MFMA Circular No. 98 with important information.
Why is it important to attend?
It was highlighted in the MFMA Circular No.98 that there is still incorrect usage of the mSCOA and municipal accounting practices, municipalities that are not budgeting, transacting and reporting directly in/from a financial system and that municipalities are not locking their adopted budgets.
This led to bad credibility of the data strings and incorrect use of the 6 regulated segments.
It was further stated that all municipalities must prepare their 2020/21 MTREF budgets in their financial systems and that the Schedule A1 be produced directly from their financial system. Further, when submitting cash flow figures, it is imperative that municipalities populate SA30/SC30.
Who should attend?
Managers involved in budget preparation.
- The workshop duration is 5 days. It is compulsory that all 5 days are attended by the same person/people.
- Each day will start at 9h00 sharp.
- Facilitator: Kashnee Sewnarain [CA(SA)]
- The course content consist of theory, classroom activities, practical work within the Munsoft system and assessments.
- It is based on the 6.3 mSCOA chart and 6.4 changes are also taken into account where applicable.
- Upon completion of the course (5 days), attendees will receive a hard copy manual, a certificate and course results with feedback.
- 3 - 7 February 2020 in Pietermaritzburg, KZN
- 17-21 February 2020 in Johannesburg, GAUTENG
- R12 500 per person (excl VAT).
- The following costs are excluded and is for the clients own account:
- Transportation to and from the workshop
- Meals (except meals served during the workshop)
Day 1 and Day 2
Practical application of opening balances and balance sheet/cash flow segment transactions.
- Formative Assessment written by all delegates
- Understanding National Treasury Mapping
- Analysis of differences in municipal A schedule adopted by Council and the NT A schedule
- Data analysis of the municipality’s own budget submitted to the Portal
- Using the system to undertake balance sheet and cash flow budget transactions
- Summative assessment written by all delegates.
Kindly direct any questions or queries to [email protected] and feel free to speak to your Service Delivery Manager.